Go to top
How to Maintain Healthy Adult Teeth
- Decrease the frequency of snacks.
- Decrease sources of sugars by reducing intake of dried fruits, muesli bars, ribena, milo, biscuits, fruit juices, energy drinks flavoured milk and sweets.
- Drink water rather than sugary fruit juices
- Dilute fruit juices and follow them with a glass of water.
- Always follow snacks with a glass of water
- Cheese is helpful after snacks or a meal increases the pH (alkaline levels) and reduces the acid levels.
- Use a fluoride toothpaste
- If you have undergone dental treatment or surgery, consider using a fluoride mouth rinse or APF gel.
- See the oral hygienist regularly - at least every 6 months - to assess gum tissue, reduce plaque build-up and scale away tartar which is so often the cause of gum disease.
- See your dentist regularly.
Treatment Options Gallery
Patients Information Resource